Who we are
The Site is operated by F Jones (Cleveland) Ltd, trading as Gemini Worktops (“We”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 01627140 and our registered office is at F Jones (Cleveland) Ltd, Riverside Park Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS2 1QW. Please visit the Contact Us page on this Site for our contact details.
How we collect information
- If you request a quote or place an order with us via this Site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email address and telephone number. If you place an order, you will also be asked to provide payment details via our secure online payment provider.
- We will also collect information about the products you have ordered and any information required to deliver your product, or to undertake any site survey or installation services you have asked us to undertake.
- We may collect information about you if we contact you, or you contact us, offline, for example by telephone, email or post.
- We may collect information about your usage of our Website.
How we use your information
- Your information will be used for the purpose of giving you access to our Site and supplying you with any products you have ordered from us or any information you have requested from us. In particular:
- We will use your information to process any order you have placed and to manufacture delivery and install the products you have ordered.
- If you place an order with us, we may use your information for marketing purposes, provided that you have given us your consent.
- If you place an order with us, we may use your information to contact you for feedback on your use or our Site and the products and services we have supplied to you.
- We may also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our Site and the products and services we offer. For instance, we will collect aggregated and anonymised information concerning how people use our Site and we may use and share that information with others, but this will not include any information which could be used to identify you.
With whom we may share your information
- If you have placed an order with us, your payment details will be passed direct to our payment provider. F Jones (Cleveland) Ltd will not itself handle, keep or store any copies of your payment details.
- We may allow third party providers and contractors who supply services to us or who process information on our behalf (for example website hosts or contracted surveyors and installers) incidental access to your information so they can undertake services for us. However, we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- We may share your information with another organisation which buys our business or our assets or to whom we transfer our agreement with you and in the course of any negotiations which may or may not lead to such a transfer or sale.
- We may pass aggregate information about the usage of our Site to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
- Unless permitted or required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
- Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. They enable our website to “remember” who you are.
- You may be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. However, if you disable cookies you may find this adversely affects you ability to use certain parts of our Service.
- You have the right to see any information we hold about you.
- You have the right to correct any errors in information we hold about you. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing material from us or any third party at any time.
Security and retention of information
- We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will retain your information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law.
- If you follow a link from our Site to another site, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites.
- If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, or would like to exercise your rights set out above, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by or writing to us at Customer Support, Gemini Worktops, The Masons Yard, Ash Lane, Melbourne, York, YO42 4SW.
- Further information about data protection issues can be found on the Information Commissioner’s site at https://ico.org.uk/.